Dune director Denis Villeneuve on message

Post-credits scenes are becoming a regular fixture in Hollywood, including in every little thing from Wonder movies to The Sopranos prequel The Several Saints of Newark -- however not the films of Dune director Denis Villeneuve.

I don t such as post-credits scenes, Villeneuve said in an interview with NME . There is an extremely specific last feeling that I was seeking with the last framework [of Dune] and also I don t desire to mess with that. So no, I don t make use of post-credits scenes. I ve never done that and also I would certainly never.

And what about a director s cut? Jason Momoa, that plays Duncan Idaho in Dune, lately called for a four-to-six hr version of the movie to be released, informing the New york city Times , I desire to see Denis s entire vision. I don t want it to be trimmed.

I enjoy Jason however such a thing does not exist! Villeneuve claimed. The director s cut is what individuals are viewing in cinemas today. There will certainly be no other cut ... Yes, I could have made a lot longer, a lot more contemplative movie, but that was not the strategy.

That final shot of Dune likely will not be the last we see of Paul Atreides and co., though-- while Dune Component 2 hasn t been formally greenlit yet, it s been all but verified by Detector Bros. Chief Executive Officer Ann Sarnoff. Will we have a sequel to Dune? If you see the movie you see exactly how it finishes. I think you basically understand the solution to that, she stated.

Dune is out in US as well as UK movie theaters as well as on HBO Max currently. For even more viewing inspiration, take a look at our list of the finest science fictions of perpetuity.

Comments